All About Bleach
Bleach is a wonderful whitening agent for other items in your laundry - but isn't recommended for your cloth diapers. Mainly because bleach can break down the elastic in your cloth diapers - causing them to lose their shape and fit. If your goal is to kill bacteria in your diapers - your hot wash cycle should do the trick. If you want to add something extra to your wash routine, consider using one of the following natural additives in your final rinse cycle. If you absolutely must use bleach, limit your use to 2 tbsps and use it sparingly. Also, consult with the manufacturer of your cloth diapers as bleach can void some manufacturer warranties.
- 1/2 cup of Baking Soda (kills odors)
- 1 cup of White Distilled Vinegar (kills germs and odors)*
- 1/4 cup of Hydrogen Peroxide (kills germs and whitens)
- 20 to 40 drops of Grapefruit Seed Extract (kills germs and odors)
- 1 to 2 tbsps of 100% Australian Tea Tree Oil (kills germs and odors)